What is an EOB?
- An EOB is never a bill. It’s an explanation.
- The name of the person who received the service.
- This is who billed the service. Remember, some providers bill their own services, while others use a billing service.
- The amount your provider billed.
- The amount you saved by using an in-network provider. You do not have to pay this amount.
- The amount we have paid to you or your provider.
- The amount that needs to be paid to your provider. Remember, this isn’t your bill.
- The amount of the deductible that has been met for this patient as of the date of this statement.
- Detailed information for each claim shown in the EOB.
- This explains the action we took on this claim, including if we still need information or action from you.
- The have a right to appeal the coverage decisions we make. This section (on the back of the EOB) tells you how.
Download a .pdf copy of this EOB Explanation